Saturday, December 14, 2013

Thanksgiving desserts!

I was only going to make one dessert this year. There were only four adults and two kids at my house for Thanksgiving :( but then Brody made a request and I couldn't say no.

I chose Pumpkin Pecan Skillet Cake with a Salted Caramel Drizzle.
Brody chose Pumpkin Cream Pie with homemade Whipped Cream.

They were both amazing!

So I found this pin, and I HAD to make it.
Only substitutions I made were I only used white flour and I used caramel sauce.
The original post says the pecans are optional, and they are, but I would definitely include them!
I am planning on making this again over Christmas for my dad!


For my pumpkin cream pie I use this Paula Deen recipe. If your pie crack on top it's either been over mixed or over baked. I have learned from my mistakes!

I top it with this yummy and super easy Whipped Cream!




Needless to say, I ate some sort of pumpkin dessert everyday for a week!  And I enjoyed every second of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment