Friday, January 17, 2014

Chicken Sausage, sweet pepper, roasted tomato over spaghetti squash

If I EVER tell myself I can't have something, try to diet or deprive myself in ANY way, I plummet the other direction. I am the epitome of failure. For instance, last night I ate lucky charms, pickle juice popcorn, and ice cream for dinner. No, I am not pregnant, I am seriously just a dieting failure!

So, in an attempt to just do a little better I came up with tonights dinner. I know I am cheating, this isn't a pin, but it was yummy and I felt like you deserved to read about it!

You know how much I love measuring, NOT AT ALL, so take my measurements with a grain of salt! :)

Recipe
1 package Aidell's garlic gruyere chicken sausage sliced
1 spaghetti squash
1 tsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
12 small sweet bell peppers juilanned
1/2 onion diced
1 garlic clove minced
1 can italian style stewed tomatoes

Directions
cook spaghetti squash to directions, I do mine on 2 minute increments in the microwave. Start it first because it needs time to cool to touch to cut anyway. Poke all around with fork or knife. Microwave for 2 minutes at a time turning between increments. When cool to touch slice lengthwise, scoop out seeds, shred insides to spaghetti and serve.

Heat butter in dutch oven, or heavy stock pot. When melted add onions, garlic, and peppers and salt and pepper to taste.



 Sauté until soft 3-5 minutes over medium heat. Add sausage.  Heat until starting to brown and
and caramelize 4-8 minutes.





Add can of stewed tomatoes and heat through.


Serve over spaghetti squash.



Seriously easy right? Super yummy too!



No comments:

Post a Comment