Saturday, December 14, 2013

Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies

Yesterday was a no good terrible day.

So many emotions brought back to the surface just like 15 years ago.

My prayers are with every parent and child who was affected by the shooting at Arapahoe High School yesterday, and I am so thankful it wasn't worse!

So in an effort to love on my kids and just have some time together we decided to make cookies!
I have had the ingredients for these cookies for a while and hadn't gotten to them yet. We really aren't that big of sweet eaters, so we don't make sweets all that often. I am a huge apple cider fan and caramel is my favorite ice cream topping. These delicious little nuggets combine the two and are just about perfect!

I found a pin that lead me to this blog.

I followed the recipe, I often do when baking! I didn't have a cookie scoop so I just used a spoon. I only got 20 cookies, so I made mine too big, but I don't know how I would have covered the caramel with much less. They taste divine anyway! Slightly tart with apple, slightly spiced for the cider, and gooey caramel center! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment