Saturday, October 19, 2013

Beer Cheese Soup with a Twist

I am so ready for fall this year. Fall is always one of my favorite times of the year. Unfortunately I feel like here in sunny Colorado fall turns into winter way too fast.
There was a chilly day and I totally took advantage of it!
Yes, that is a whiskey and apple cider to help my fall cooking along!

So when I found a pin for beer cheese soup, I knew I had to have it!
She put hers in a bread bowl, I decided to make it too late for the bread bowl so I made my 1 hour skillet foccacia to go with it.
Then I had a genius idea! Next time I am making it in a pretzel bread bowl! Yes, like I said, GENIUS!

The soup itself is so easy! One of the easiest soups I have ever made!
In the end it was full of gooey cheesy beer flavor! This soup definitely tastes like beer. If you don't like beer you won't like this soup.

She says she used a light wheat beer, I used Alaskan white wheat.
I used a half an onion and a whole red bell pepper.
It's almost ready!

The only other thing I did different was I added a link of polish kielbasa with the bacon in the beginning. I sauteed it in the bacon grease before adding the onion and peppers. Then I left it with the bacon and added it back in at the end. It was perfect!

Honestly, I just ate some leftovers for breakfast while I typed this. And once again, this one got a huge 2 thumbs up approval from the ever picky hubs!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment